What has the news brought us today then?
- A school refusing to sell a parent’s cupcakes at a cake sale because she didn’t have a Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Parking on double yellow lines.
- Charging people £1200 to go to a tribunal if they feel they’ve been unfairly dismissed.
- One of my favourite stores banning its employees from joining a union (so I’ll not be shopping there again!)
- A teacher jailed for having pornographic images of children and images of bestiality.
- A ‘Superhead’ accused of deal fixing.
- NHS pulling out of 111 because it is not financially viable.
It is official.
The world really has gone mad.
A world of greed and lies and ridiculous bureaucracy.
A world where compensation is King.
A world where rules can be bent or ignored completely.
A world where ordinary people just don’t matter any more.
Not only that, but some dolt in London labels our beautiful beloved north-east England ‘desolate’. I’m gnashing my teeth.